Cost of Living and Taxes
Cost of Living
|Cost of Living index||85||97||100|
|Goods & Services index||91||99||100|
|Health Care index||105||99||100|
- The cost of living in Abingdon is 12.5% less than the Virginia average.
- The cost of living in Abingdon is 14.9% less than the national average.
- Each cost of living index is based upon a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.
- Real Estate- $0.28 per $100 of assessed value
- Personal Property- $0.55 per $100 of assessed value
- Machinery & Tools- $0.55 per $100 of assessed value
- Meals & Lodging- $0.07 per $1.00